Welcome to my Crafting World!

Hi! My name is Maria, I am 34 years old and I'm a certified Craft-a-holic! LOL. I make different kinds of projects from Cards (which is my favourite), Art Tags, Mini Albums, Jewelries, Candles, Party Favours etc...

I've created this blog to share my projects and ideas to everyone who loves to craft.

Being a Certified Craft-A-Holic, you would expect to see me creating 3-4 projects simultaneously in one night. But of course, I don't finish them all in one night, esp. when I am doing a project that involves Mixed Media. I don't use a heat tool to dry my mixed media projects, as it ruins the project. Using a heat tool to dry your projects, tends to create a lot of air bubbles on the projects, which doesn't look nice. I find air dried projects to be more studier. It also give the project a neater look.

I craft every night, I would make one finished Card, one unfinished Album (which I do finish later on, after the drying when I am using Mod Podge or after cutting all the fussy cuts) and one unfinished Mixed Media Project (which I do finish later on, after the drying or so). Then the next night I will continue doing my Album to try and finish it (depends also if I am still using Mod Podge), then my Mixed Media (depends if I still need to use other Wet Medium) and another Card or I will go and jump on my fourth project. Believe me, I have a lot of projects in mind all the time. What I always do is Sketch or Write down my projects using my Phone, so that I won't forget it. I am not good in drawing I just Doodle it. LOL. If crafting is an Office Job, I will be very happy to go to my workplace everyday. I usually craft at night, due to the fact that I am a stay-at-home mom and I have an almost 2 year old son who loves to craft with me. Believe it or not, he does the Mod Podging for my projects, of course with my guidance, and some paintings too. But since I'm a confessed Craft-a-holic, I try to finish every house chores in the morning before my son comes back from the Nursery so I can craft! I take advantage of watching TV with my husband and with my son by fussy cutting while watching and I also take advantage of texturing or gluing onmy projects while cooking. "Imagine your life with me, if I'm your wife! LOL". But nonetheless. I don't forget my Duties as a Wife and a Mom. I see to it that everything is in order everyday before I craft, food is ready, house is clean and my son is well fed. Playtime with my son is crafting with him, so I don't have a problem at all, because he enjoys it, or I take him out, which he loves to do as well.

I hope you all will enjoy my posts. Please do leave a comment, follow me or add me to your circle.

Happy Crafting!

Saturday, March 12, 2016

Tim Holtz Tag March 2016

Good Afternoon Crafters,

I hope you all had a great morning!  =).  Today I want to share a tag that I have made using Tim Holtz Techniques, with my rendition.  Here it goes....




I started by making my own tag then distressing that tag with multiple distress inkpads (at the end of this write up are the materials used).  Then I die cut another tag using Sizzix Tim Holtz - Mixed Media 2.  I spray on my tag that has been die cut with the Mixed Media 2 with multiple distress stain sprays and lay it over my inked up tag and distress it with black soot like so.




Using a corrugated cardboard (any available at home), I die cut Sizzix Tim Holtz - Mixed Media and Sizzix Tim Holtz - Layered Butterflies.

I spray the same with multiple distress stains then edged it with black soot.

I foiled it with multiple foils like so.

Then I sprayed the butterflies and with multiple distress stains and edge it with black soot. I attached my die cuts on the tag.  I distressed Tim Holtz Ideology - Word Bands with a Picket Fence Distress Paint over, then I distressed a Tim Holtz Ideology - Linen Ribbon with Black Soot and Walnut Stain and lay it over my Tag like so...



And there I have it, my Tim Holtz Tag of 2016 - March Edition.




MATERIALS USED:
  • Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Inkpads:  Black Soot, Walnut Stain, Mustard Seed, Salty Ocean, Peacock Feathers and Picked Raspberry.
  • Ranger Tim Holtz Distressed Stains:  Tarnished Brass, Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain.
  • Sizzix Tim Holtz Dies:  Layered Butterfly, Mixed Media, Mixed Media 2
  • Tim Holtz Idealogy - Linen Ribbon, Word Band
  • Ranger Shiny Foil Transfer - Vintage
  • Zig Two Way Glue Pen
  • We R Memory Keepers Eyelet
  • Corrugated Cardboard
  • 300gsm White Cardstock

Hope you all enjoy it! Happy Crafting!



5 comments:

09 10